View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecross4 View Post
I'm just starting out in the business and I need to get a site up fairly quick. I'm looking at Go Daddy's website builder program where you get a free domain name included. I can do this for a year just to get my name out there, then when the business (hopefully) changes I can makes changes with hosting, site development, features etc.. Any advice on this service or others like it? Thank you in advance for your help. Eric
My advice is not to use a site builder program. If you later decide you want to move to a new hosting company, chances are you won't be able to move your website.

Most site builder programs are proprietary programs owned by that host, so they basically own your website so to speak and you can't move it somewhere else. There are a ton of reliable hosts out there for $5-$10 a month for hosting.

My suggestion is go with one of them and either build your own website with a WYSIWYG editor like Dreamweaver or find one of the many free website templates and edit it to your needs. Or better yet, install a CMS such as Joomla!, Drupal, WordPress, etc. and build your site from that. If you later decide you don't like the host, you can take your website with you to the new host without any problems or having to rebuild the site from scratch.
50" Toro zero turn
36" John Deere WB
Husqvarna 22" push mower
Echo trimmers,edger and blower
Other misc rakes, shovels etc.

www.fatzlawncare.com

Page generated in 0.03860 seconds with 7 queries