View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post

It seems as though those who advocate microbial products and management want so badly to believe in a paroduct that they overlook the science and understanding of how plants actually operate. Saying how much I like these products doesn't make them work better. Dr. Zuberer summed up very concisely that conventional products don't harm microbial populations, microbial products don't help microbial populations, and that the best way to encourage microbial populations is to do the conventional things that help to grow healthy plants.
I think you're the one being naive here. You can't continue to mine the soil without putting anything back and continue to get the same results. Conventional products don't build the soil!!!!! Farmers have to increase fertilizer use for the same or less yield, increased disease pressure (buy more fungicides!) and insect pressure that's getting worse as well (buy more insecticides!). The soil being out of whack causes everything else to be out of whack and you buy more fert, more insecticides, more fungicides. Who makes money off of that? Monsanto, Dow, Syngenta, etc.

Dr Zuberer works for TEXAS A&M!!!!! Who do you thinks funds a lot of his research? I'll give you a hint. It's not the makers of Sumagreen, Nutrients Plus, or any other organic product producing company. Sorry, I don't trust university studies. Most don't have any knowledge of organic products.

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 7 queries