View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecross4 View Post
A buddy of mine has his site built by someone or $1,200, this seems crazy to me but again I don't know if that's high or not.
The $1,200 could be a rip off or it could be a good deal. It would me like me saying "I pay someone $50/week to maintain my lawn" Without knowing what you got for the money hard to advise. There are a ton of factors that can go into a site's price, it is rarely apples vs apples comparisons.

I'll admit, when it comes to pricing, I mainly do backed programming for money, however did work for a "high priced" web development company for several years. I worked on sites that well, coming up with a graphical design for the site alone would be more than double the $1,200 (these are 100% fully original designs by kicka** designers). Just about all sites we worked on that were a complete new design, you could buy a cheap car for the cost (the most expensive site, you could have bought a cheap house).

The big thing is you need to go into it knowing what are you wanting the site to provide you (what should people get out of your site; a simple "brochure", engaging potential new clients, interactivity with people, bill pay, etc). It is important that both you and your developer are on the same page when it comes to this before contracts are signed.

-Greg

Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 7 queries