View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Like Pilgrims Pride, I have no desire to get in a pissing match. I am interested in getting to the bottom of this subject though.

I did a little more research on Leonardite the other night and it can be purchased in a couple of different forms and from different companies. They all agree that the best comes from mines in I believe South Dakota. The humates it contains speed root development especially in early stages of growth.This seems to be fact.

Does Sumagreen have anything "microbial" in it? Your guess is as good as mine. It does have 12% Humic and Fulvic Acid in it as stated on the label. Everything else is "proprietary".

So....is it just Humic and Fulvic Acid that has been re-packaged and had the price tag raised? I don't know. This is why when I did my experiment here at home, I didn't use any Urea in an effort to try not to mask any results I might get. We've had the worst drought in 30 yrs, then got 5 inches of rain over 3 days from Isaac here so it has been hard for me to tell anything for sure.

I'd like to incorporate something in my program that would benefit my customers lawns both in health and appearance. If I can do it and cut costs on other inputs that are expensive and possibly environmentally unfriendly then that would be a big PLUS as well.

I am in no way looking for a miracle that would be the end all-be all for lawns from now on. I know better than that...but like everyone else, I want to get the most bang for my buck and want to make sure that what I use does benefit my customers lawns.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor

Page generated in 0.03214 seconds with 7 queries