View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecreativedonkey View Post
I'm doing some pay per click advertising with Google and I'm not getting the results I had hoped for on some of my keywords and I'm not sure if it's because my website is mostly pictures and I need more detailed descriptive copy per page or if I need to adjust my title and meta description. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. http://www.wecutgrass.com

I have purposely designed the website to be opposite of what you might think a lawn maintenance website should look like.
Without knowing specifics re: your campaign, it's difficult to give advice, especially in a difficult market such as yours.

While I fully appreciate not wanting your site to look like the "typical" lawn/landscape site, I think you also need to let people know they're visiting the right site. To wit, when I just clicked over to your site, I almost immediately bailed due to the blonde on the skateboard, and you went out of your way to let me know that it would look different. To my eye, it looks more akin to a less-than-legitimate landing page, or directory site, and I wouldn't recommend funneling an AdWords spend in it's direction.

So, with that in mind, what is your AdWords traffic telling you? If I see an ad on Google for lawn mowing, and I decide to click on it, am I going to potentially be confused and leave your site? If you think there is a possibility, no matter how slim, you really should cater to your potential visitor.

Now, in terms of your meta descrip and page titles, those will affect organic search results, not your AdWords conversion. They can impact your landing page quality score, but that's a bit different.

I would definitely flesh out your content as there really isn't much descriptive content or effective keyword use. I would also recommend reading up on basic SEO practices as you really need to ramp that up. You have no H tags, your title tags are all the same, and you could use geo tags and xml site map. Google's Webmaster Tools, SEOMoz both have beginner's guides you might want to look at.

And as I've now been through your entire site, I really don't see the logic in the photography used. I get different. I don't get those. You work in a visual medium, no different than any other artist. Showcase it, or at least give people the visual cues that they're in the right place.

Last edited by tonygreek; 09-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03331 seconds with 7 queries