View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrnmahler View Post
I am considering an Echo SRM225 or SRM230. I cut three lawns a week so I am usually on the trimmer for about one hour a week. I have heard from some of the local dealers (not Home Depot) that the trimmers that are sold by Home Depot are made with parts that are not made to the exacting specifications as the trimmers they sell. Therefore they will not perform as well as the trimmers that they sell. I have called Echo and have asked them if this was the case and their response was that all the trimmers sold at Home Depot and the local shops are exactly the same units. Can anyone verify this? Is this perhaps just a sales technique by the local dealers to get people to buy from them?
Hey buddy i think you already got your answer from Echo.... I bought a srm 210 from HD 4 years ago and still running strong. Besides having to replace the bump heads which that is normal because of all the lawn i mow never any problems... They only sell 2 differnt kinds a California emissions model and a regular 49 state model... Same trimmer,same parts and same warranty as from a dealer. I don't know why some people on here have said that what you where thinking but could not be further from the truth... Now go get your trimmer.....

Page generated in 0.03787 seconds with 7 queries