View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
1/4 lb of what over what area? Are you using that 13-0-44 product, or something else? I guess I'm a bit particular when talking about product rates. Is it 0.25# N/A? 1/4 lb/A of 13-0-44 is only 0.03# N/A, which isn't much at all. I guess I like the straight apples-to-apples comparisons, instead of talking about different amounts of different products.

Is the Mn needed? Do you have deficient soil tests or tissue tests? I also hear a lot of guys talk about micros, but I'm not convinced they need them. If you don't have a micronutrient deficiency, why apply them? If you have availability problems b/c of salts or pH, why not correct the problem -- it would be cheaper.
KN03, 13-0-45, applied at 1/4 lb per 1000 sq ft. Micros are mixed at according to the product label, each variety differs. Micro mix is what gives you the color. I have red clay acidic soils in my area. Now just the KN03 by itself is not enough nitrogen to fulfill the needs of Bermuda or zyosia but it is a great inexpensive mix for spring green up or late fall. Try it you may like it. Let greendoc chime in, he will fill you in on the rest.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03390 seconds with 7 queries