View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:36 AM
LawnSite Member

Another great thing about buying from a dealer is that a dealer won't lie to your face to make a sale, or make up BS rather than admit when they don't know something, or lie even when there's no advantage to it, just because. It's just not in s dealer's nature to lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanrnmahler View Post
I am considering an Echo SRM225 or SRM230. I cut three lawns a week so I am usually on the trimmer for about one hour a week. I have heard from some of the local dealers (not Home Depot) that the trimmers that are sold by Home Depot are made with parts that are not made to the exacting specifications as the trimmers they sell. Therefore they will not perform as well as the trimmers that they sell. I have called Echo and have asked them if this was the case and their response was that all the trimmers sold at Home Depot and the local shops are exactly the same units. Can anyone verify this? Is this perhaps just a sales technique by the local dealers to get people to buy from them?
That makes a lot of sense actually. I could see echo scrapping together enough of their rejected parts to keep all 2,000+ Home Depots in n. America fully stocked with trimmers & saws etc. Of course echo & hd aren't going to admit this, so consider yourself lucky those dealers trusted you with such privileged inside info!

Page generated in 0.03382 seconds with 7 queries