View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Diesel Z tandem pump failure

So it's happened I've just had my right side pump fail... started steering "funny" so I stopped and checked that I didn't have anything hung up underneath. Felt like the brake was dragging, oil was very hot, made sure the cooler was clean and the fan was working, let it idle and cool down for a short time till I could touch the oil tank without fear of burning my hand.(I've never had the happen before) Mowed about 6 more 80 foot strips and BLAMO right side stick shook violently and an immediate stop on the right wheel causing a sudden right turn.

So my question is are the pumps available separate or do they come as an assembly? What else to change other then the filter and a real good flush of everything?

Would it be covered under warranty?
mod # 928614a
ser # 08050486
just clicked 870.0 hours

I bought the machine 2nd hand. When was the in service date? is the 08 in the ser# in reference to the model year?

P.S. It is still shutting down randomly but it seems to be the control module. one light tap with the butt of a screw driver and its fine for a week or so. Haven't had time to order one yet... seems like I now have time.

Work truck album
http://www.lawnsite.com/album.php?albumid=654

Page generated in 0.03659 seconds with 7 queries