View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
I don't want to get off track on this thread too much, so I'll keep it short.

1) If you're using 0.25# of 13-0-45/M, that comes out to 0.03# N/M and 0.11# K2O/M (0.09# K/M). That's not a lot at all. Are you intending to spoon feed (light and frequent applications)? Applying KNO3 at such a low rate really isn't giving you anything. In GA, you're probably targeting 5 to 6# N/M/yr on bermudagrass and 3.5 to 4 #N/M/yr for tall fescue. K needs are often half of N needs (depending on soils), so you would be applying 2 to 3# K2O/M/yr.

Thus, your app (for bermudagrass, as an example) is delivering only about 0.6% of your yearly N needs and about 5% of your estimated yearly K2O needs. Looks like a lot of extra money for little or no benefit.

2) You may be getting a color response from your micro product, but that is usually short-lived and only masks other issues. If you have soils too acidic for proper nutrient uptake, a liming program would help your customer much more than a cosmetic micronutrient applications and would cost less. Liming would address the root of the problem, not try to mask it. Do you have soil or tissue tests showing micronutrient deficiencies?
This is why I don't post much anymore. Sharing what works for me in certain times of the year. There is no problems with the lawns we treat. Skipster, Get off your high horse and kiss it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03614 seconds with 7 queries