Thread: Winter $income?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardworkswi View Post
I dont prune shrubs in Jan. because like you said there may be a foot of snow on the ground but different places it could be an option or last winter around here it would have been. The contract would not have a monthly visit scheduled for the winter months the only thing scheduled would be the snow removal when necessary. Thought of this due to the winter we had last year only 3 or 4 events. Just dont want my customers resenting me when they get my invoice for a month that I was never there. So if it hadnt snowed in a few weeks I would swing by my accts and do a general clean-up just to show that I am still caring for there property to atleast some extent. I am new at this on my own and this may not be necessary or practical (for bigger outfits) but being solo I definately dont think it would hurt.
Companies around here check on seasonal camps when there is little snow so that may be an option for some. Our customers know how the weather is, if it doesn't snow this year we may get walloped next year. In the end it evens out from year to year.

Page generated in 0.03998 seconds with 7 queries