View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
It may be true of Texas as It is here in Arkansas but the catch is the combination products.
You can do one but not both and be legal.

Some service providers will do it and keep getting away with the issue until the turf dies and then there is a call to the Agriculture department.

I wouldn't turn down the offer of fertilizing as you know that St. Auggie needs just as much feeding as bermuda grass.

when I was in my 20's and in training, I used to apply whatever the customer wanted to pay money for. I was illegal also...........my father ran this business and I was the peon!! I did what I had to do in order to gain knowledge in practices before I could even take the exams. Sometimes, it takes a good thief to be a CID officer.
The thing is when people start talking is when you get a visit from the State Ag. Inspector.
so are you saying just a fertilizer might be okay, but say a weed-n-feed would not be?

thanks for your time... i am just trying to understand the rules, follow them and make money.

btw, i have been googling and looking at the TDA website, but still haven't found a definitive answer...

any texans out there care to comment?

thanks

Page generated in 0.03190 seconds with 7 queries