View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Member

48" bunton walk behind??

Looking at buying a 48" Bunton walk behind. It is for personal use for my yard and few friends property. It is used and supposedly has a new Kaw 420v motor. Im a little skeptical on whether the motor is new or not but if it runs fine I am fine with that. It is gear driven, looks well used but not junk from the pics. A friend has a snapper with the same engine and he is terrible about maint but after 15 years mowing his 2 acre yard it still runs fine, so I have lots of respect for that motor. My main question would be for any little things that are problematic on these. Any gear boxes to avoid or something like that. He wants 500 bucks which sounds pretty good to me but wanted to hear what you guys think. Again it is for personal use, I am tired of working on my craftsman rider every time I mow the yard. Thanks in advance for any info. Got a call as I am posting. He says if I can get it off his property tomorrow he can take 350. The engine pulleys are still on the old engine, so doesnt really look like I can test it out. Im hoping I can at least run the motor as that is the most expensive thing. I can weld so some damage is ok, I also helped friend build his velke so that is not a problem.

Page generated in 0.03887 seconds with 7 queries