View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys good or bad I am the new owner of a Bunton mower. Turns out it is a new engine. New as in I still have to install the carb pulleys and muffler from the old engine before I can even break it in!! It has the FC 420V Kaw, with a Spicer PL 4890 tranny. The old engine has a hole in the block in can stick my fist through without scrubbing. It is what I would call the bottom end(side opposite the piston) though the crank seems to all be intact, dont know what happened there. I did not ask many questions as it is late and the whole deal was done well after dark so I did not even notice the hole in the block till I got home to some better lights. Tranny lever seems to shift through the gears fine although this may not mean that it is good but my main concern was the motor which like I said is brand new never run! Looking at the tranny, I found a sticker that reads 1996 along with some other markings. I assume that is about the year this mower was made. Glad to be a new member here. I have read many reviews on here through the months as I watched C list for a good deal on a good quality mower. For $350 I think I have found one!

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 7 queries