View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
QOC is my biggest battle. My SZ leaves a clean cut with no or very very few stragglers even at a good speed. My 460 is bad. Disgusted with the QOC, especially when cutting higher in tall thin or even thick irrigated fescue. Stuff is matting down terrible. I must spend a great deal of time "lifting" the matted grass from the wheel tracks with my trimmer around the outer loop. The 460 has little to no lift. The SZ has ten times the lift but I still battle the matting and battle poor clipping dispersal because it leaves a carpet of full length clippings. Tried a mulch kit for the first time in my 13 yrs. of commercial cutting (other than my push mowers) and the 460 stragglers were much less. If I tried to push it at all got a mowhawk from between center and right blades. Also leaves clumps that I have to disperse with my back pack blower. Super dry here but almost all my properties are irrigated and growing 3-7" in seven days. I don't think any mulcher can keep up with that. Frustrated as well.
Some of that around the edge of the lawn always gets worse it seems this time of year. The front wheel lays it over and if you have a little indention or rut it gets real bad. If your really wasting time trying to stand it up and trim it, I found that my walkbehind and bagger works well for picking it up and cutting it on my particular customers. In fact don't be afraid to drop it a little shorter around the edge if needed. Nobody ever has complained when I've done this.

I never had any luck with my SuperZ but i had the XR7 deck and it left strips between the center and left side blade, if not both sides. My Exmark decks were better here. I'm a little surprised the X factor is not picking it up better. My Outlaw had some cut quality issues until I bought some very cheap Scag hi lifts wow what a difference it made in the 2010 deck. Have you tried double blades at all to create more lift, sucks more gas but might speed things up and help with the cut. Always make sure your deck is very clean as well as this effects the air flow.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong

Page generated in 0.03734 seconds with 7 queries