View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Going to GIE+EXPO to see the Compost Spreaders

Going to GIE+EXPO to see the Compost Spreaders, and after reading the message boards on which is the better spreader....I'm looking to see if anyone makes or has rigged up a vibrator for their compost spreader?

If so, can you explain how you did it?

I've read on the Snowplow site about a company called Karrier Company. They make a model called Twin Kit -Z80 (for plastic salt spreaders, which might work on a Ecolawn Spreader/plastic hopper). I will call the company and talk to a field rep. for more info.

I called Earth and Turf, and the owner (I think) said that they will be making a model to compete with the Ecolawn. It's going to have the same broadcast pattern and be priced to compete with Ecolawn...plus Earth and Turf will have their new machine at GIE show in October. It will give me a chance to try them out and I will ask the different reps. about the vibrator questions also.

But I'm looking to see if anyone knows anything on this subject or have their spreader already hooked up to a vibrator. Has it made a big difference in binding up wet material?

Thanks for your help!
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader

Page generated in 0.03955 seconds with 7 queries