View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrostis View Post
I just don't understand why anyone would want a bentgrass lawn. Even in ideal condition's, that just wouldn't look right.
These are all lawns where it invaded and took over large area's or a patchwork throughout the lawn and died or tried to. It all did well last year with all the rain but this year was the opposite. I was able to look at a few lawns with it during quoting and warned them that it was going to be a problem someday but didn't see all the new lawns.

People don't understand what is growing in there yards and as long as it's green it's good grass. I had one customer that I visited in the quoting stage and told him that his Heinz 57 (57 varieties) patchwork of grass could be a problem at some point. Showed up for the second app in May and the bent was already toast so I told him he better water and he told me he never turns his system on until June. Show up for the third app and he tells me he is unhappy and really hammers me. The bent and poa are just bare batches.

Had several other people come down hard on me about there junk grass so I told them they had to water everyday to keep it alive and that they needed a new lawn to avoid this in the future. They didn't want to hear it. Bent and poa died in masses this season but the bent is starting to regenerate. I won't take on bentgrass patchwork lawns in the future.

Page generated in 0.03823 seconds with 7 queries