View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Deck and pool demolition question

Did a search and read some threads, but nothing was too specific to pools or decks. What I'm trying to figure out is how to price/bid removing a 30x15 oval pool (assuming its a steel ring with vinyl liner) which is set in a 65 x 50 deck. the deck is pressure treated wood and most of it is about 2 or 3 feet off the ground. it has a longggg ramp to the second floor deck that is about 400 SF. Total there is about 3000 SF of decking that needs to be torn down and hauled between the first floor and second floor. Need to be removed for new pool and patio.

Obviously I'm not expecting a specific answer, but maybe a helpful formula or production rate like how many SF fits in a 30 YD container etc.

I have a skid steer that I've done demos with before but nothing bigger than a 1 car 15x20 garage. that fit in my 20 yd truck in two trips and cost around $250 to dump. I have also fit a 300 SF deck in my truck in one trip and that cost $90 to dump I think? Just trying to find an accurate way to figure this if I dont have an ex to crunch it up in a foundation and load toothpicks. Might demo or rent a machine just to speed it up, dig footings, use the thumb etc. Having trouble expanding my limited experience to this larger job.

Enough rambling, thoughts?

Page generated in 0.04692 seconds with 7 queries