Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
So you don't turn the truck on and off if you dont have to? I ordered a 6.7 2500 and I'm worried about it on my maintenance route. My jobs are very close together, most of my commercial accounts are like 30-40 mins, I have a few big ones. Most of my resi's are about the same, 30 40 mins. So I'm just not sure what to do?
If you search on cumminsforum.com you will find because of the regen process with the emissions idling can cause fuel dilution in the oil and clog the turbo with soot. I suggest turning the truck off if sitting for more than 5 mins. Also run with the exhaust brake on at all times to keep the turbo free of soot. If you have a delete friendly dealer I would delete the emissions as soon as you can. People who run the truck on the open roads with a load have no problems because the dpf stays hot enough to not put the truck in regen. Like you I'm running an 11' 2500 on maint route but mostly big comm and resi so it only moves a few time a day. Like I said do a search on cummins forum and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know. BTW I have 28k and have had emissions deleted since 10k.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03817 seconds with 7 queries