View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
My main issue with this is being played out by my competitors as they speak. They offer an "Organic" program, but use Screamin' Gren (with conventional fert in it) and they include a spring Dimension application for crabgrass and other annual weeds.

They say their program is 100% organic, but they still clean up weed escapes with 2,4-d, apply conventional ferts, and use conventional PRE products.

Since we don't have a legal definition of organic lawn care, I guess people can apply whatever they want and call it whatever they want. They tell the customer they're organic and they're preventing crabgrass, and their invoice even tells the customer they used Dimension, but they don't tell the customer that Dimension is the same thing the non-organic guy uses, or that its NOT and "organic" product!

I have too much integrity to tell my customers they're getting something "organic" is the whole program's not "organic."
I'm not aware of any LCO claiming Screamin Green is part of a 100% organic program. Please PM with company names so I can verify your claims.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page generated in 0.04831 seconds with 7 queries