View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I ask a few questions - get to know them alittle about girlfriend, wife, kids weekend ect. Me being the owner / boss I have a thing though when they start asking me questions - not your business - lets work.

Being in the field, setting an example is tough to do. Being a business owner you need to own the business, not the business owning you. I try to do alot in the field but I can't babysit all the time. I think we treaat guys fair, pay decent in our area, but .........

Employee's will always be an issue in this business. I had a great guy quit on us - he told me that he's a man now, married, rent, etc he is beyond mowing lawns at this point in his life. Ok, well to this day he is a shelf stocker for a large belt wholesaler here in town. Nothing more, puts belts away all day or pulls orders for belts to be shipped.

Another guy quit telling me he felt inferior to my children, 4,6,8 because they will probably help someday and he'll be second fidal. Ok

I have the work, but sometimes - there 40 hours is enough - I am sick of them so go home.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 7 queries