View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
Late-season N:
Recent research on bermudagrass found that late-season N applications prior to frost promote fall color retention and do not have a negative effect on bermudagrass winter hardiness. Late-season fertilization is highly recommended for athletic fields and some newly established lawns. The only downside to this practice is that it will increase winter annual weed pressure and may predispose bermudagrass to more injury from spring dead spot and zoysiagrass and bermudagrass to more large patch.

I know the OP addressed Northern climate, but someone tried to make the issue obligatory to Southern grasses somewhere. Another thing we did in TX was overseeding with annual/winter rye. Except St Aug.
That's where most of the "Ol' Wives Tales" and "Lawncare Mythology" got started, IMO...

You just can't even try to relate the life facts of cool-season grasses with warm season grasses,,, without completely messing up any hope of botanical understanding ofwise cultural practices of either...

Leave it alone southern man,,, the grassy weeds you call turf have no part of this conversation... that is a joke...

Page generated in 0.03864 seconds with 7 queries