View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:49 AM
chesterlawn's Avatar
chesterlawn chesterlawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: s.e. pa.
Posts: 696
Just disregard the lawyers fee, I would take them to small claims court, I have done it many times and it works. You pay a fee like $40 to file which you get back if you win, then you get a court date. If they show and you win you get a judgment and if they are a no show you get a judgment. Now most of the times they still don't pay, so you pay more $ which you get back, for a sheriff sale. For a sheriff sale they go to your customers house and tag their property to be sold at an auction to pay off their debt to you. I have only been burnt once with this, after I paid for a sheriff sale, the customer moved and I have no idea where he went. Check with your court, their rules may be different.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04259 seconds with 8 queries