View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Shrubs burned. Clarify this. Was it hot? Only the sunny part of the bush burned?

Do the bushes have symptoms of phenoxy herbicide? Did you get photos for us to see? How was the weed control? Were there any weeds in the bushes--and were they affected? Do the records show what product was used? Hand gun or ride-on equipment?

How come so much crabgrass?
Believe it or not Crab Grass lives more than a year in South Florida. Unless we get a hard freeze most of the Crab Grass survives. Water Front high dollar property has least chance of freezing. Also remember Crab Grass looks like St Augustine to the untrained eye.

The shrubs looked like a hot mix CONTACT pesticide was sprayed on the front of the plants. (ex: Dormant Oil) Which Pesticide it was I am not sure. Of Course the South side was burnt the most from Florida's sun. There was a defiant line of defoliation on the front of each plant, while the leaves on the back half were healthy. BTW These were fairly mature Shrubs which should stand more than a young plant. My take is the Guy just walked around the house waving his spray guy at the foundation of the house getting the shrubs.

OK I know you worked for TG ""Back When"" I respect your knowledge having read many if not all your post about Pesticides. But we are talking TODAY"S TG/CL. Here in my area they pay $8.25 an hour and a 5% bonus for production quota. I could go on but we have both seen the long list of complaints.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 7 queries