View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
Ric:
You are SO right. The fungal fighting of the potassium sulfate and IF using ammonium sulfate as a Nitrogen source, far outweigh other fertilize. These will help lower the pH of turf, which most fungi hate. Centipede will die from too much chlorine, another reason for the potassium nitrate rather the Potash derived from Chlorine as is in most common blends. I like 14-0-46 (Potassium Nitrate) and 0-0-21(Ammonium Sulfate) and dissolve both in a 5-gallon bucket of slurry with warm water and also fill the tank with water and about 4 oz of vinegar the night before so it can warm up also.
Roy
Roy

With a soil pH over 9.5 on most of my accounts I actually use more Potassium Sulfate and Ammonium Sulfate than any other forms. Look to minors Like MG to help with fungus issues. Some minors have drying effects on some fungi.

One reason I might not have trouble mixing is my calibration of 5 gallons per thousand of finish spray. I know that is old school but it works for me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03513 seconds with 7 queries