View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I (as always) respect your opinion, but I think you're making a big assumption here. How many of our pros understand the LED's they're installing? How do you calculate power consumption on an LED system? What is power factor? How do you calculate voltage loss? What are the differences in voltage loss between daisy chains, T-methods, combination methods? What are likely failure scenarios for LEDs? What are the concerns with EMI, how are they addressed?

Really Steve? I'm sure you just insulted a few people's intelligence with that. I am not trying to be disrespectful but your not the only one in the world that knows all of that. Anyone can learn just as you have. The audience in this forum may be a bit different than what you have perceived.

I challenge anyone to find sources with these answers? I think this forum is a great place to discuss these and other lighting technology issues.

As an electrician I can certainly tell you that there are plenty of other resources on the internet that discuss these very questions you have stated. From interior applications to commercial this is nothing new. The architectural and landscape lighting forum on lawnsite is not the only place.

Regarding objections to promotional posts - I understand that and admit that I sometimes (out of enthusiasm for my company) put in promotional posts. It's hard not to, but I will be more conscious of that in the future.

I agree and CAST (you) have your own blog right here on lawnsite to post all of these wonderful discussions. Why here. LOOK AT ME.....what a shame.
Member of ILLI, , LO

Page generated in 0.03478 seconds with 7 queries