View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There is a difference between a
Sub-contractor and a contractor. I am a contractor, who also does general contracting of small jobs.

I have a friend that owns a concrete business. He
Works for a couple home builders and he does alotta concrete work for one pool builder. My friend does not know the first thing about marketing. He does not know anything about writing a contract. he has no experience with working with the public. He has never had to sit down and design a job. All He does is report to lot number 29 and pours concrete. he doesn't even have a website, he doesn't need one.

So a bonefide sub contractor can work for much less money than a true Contractor.

This job at hand the pool company knows nothing about the logistics. I have to coordinate the materials, I have to coordinate with the home owner havin vehicles moved, and very possibly have to work with the adjacent property owner to allow us to drive our loader over a portion of their lawn. See, a true sub-contractor usually does not have to obtain materials, the GC supplies the materials.

Also, this guy is not aware of the required permit and what's involved with the county!

Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04160 seconds with 7 queries