View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
I like hopper, I'm going to get tail wheel bearings for it as we speak. All 8 of them haha. Really if your doing serious bagging get a hopper, no one matches there bagging hopper capacity. Think the biggest is 22 cu ft now?
Posted via Mobile Device
I think so. I can do 2-3 private accounts with the hopper before i dump and i have the mid size box. The new grasshoppers only have a pair of jackshaft belts and a deck belt. The hydro is direct drive off the motor. They are a breeze to work on and the motor don't have to be pulled to clean it out like a Walker. I cannot get the speed out of any walker that i can with the hopper. I can also bag with my 61" deck, Again, can't get that big of a bagging deck with a Walker. They are too slow and ride rough and after a few hours my bad knee starts to bug me from the constant deck jostling. My feet sit on the operators platform on the hopper. I COULD use something like a Walker on some of my very small accounts but i get by. Most everything i do is 1/2 to 3 acres.

All this said, my dealer is 250 miles away but i do my own work anyways. We only have Walker, Husky, Deere and Toro in this town.
2009 Encore FZ48 Front Mount Side Discharge & bagger.
3 Ariens LM21 Commercial walk behinds.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.

Page generated in 0.05053 seconds with 7 queries