View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
I use JB Quik Weld...haven't had a repeat magnet failure in over 10 years...

You have to put small pieces of cardboard between the magnets while they dry to prevent them from attracting themselves to each other..
Posted via Mobile Device
I tried JB Quick weld (LOVE THE STUFF) but the magnets started to slide all over especially down towards the top of the flywheel. I suppose I could have propped them up somehow. IDEA: I could have used some masking tape to hold them in place, along with some cardboard spacers as you suggest.
I think that is in order when then season is over which is probably 1 more week here in IA. I know that a little finger nail polish remover detached them licky split when I used super glue. BUT they wouldn't budge until I put it on them.
Restrorob: I totally agree about not taking un-necessary chances, however (in my opinion) this is not like re-using rod bearings or seals just because they appear good. And I'm not putting a warranty on anything like a professional shop would or more likely the customer would want or expect. Yea I get the $185 now or $3000 later but I tend to think if a factory worker, on a friday or on a hung-over monday can glue these suckers on then I certainly can also. Thank for your input though, reading through this form you have certainly earned my respect and I also have to give props to Piston Slapper. You two guys seems to have a hugh knowledge base that I can see has helped a ton of people on this form alone. So THANK YOU

Page generated in 0.03347 seconds with 7 queries