View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyike View Post
I will grantee you that come spring these lawns will be the first to "green up" and come out of dormancy, I also have noticed that in these lawns they handle the winter better than the next. Dry or not there is still microbial activity in the lawns and the grass will uptake the nitrogen, results will not be seen this fall because there is not enough moisture to have that just fertilized look, but you can bet that the result will be seen in the spring.
Dry or not, the grass will still uptake the N... and that is a good thing,,, even if it is true???

I agree that it will be green in the Spring, because there may be some moisture added to the soil over the next 5 months and the ET is way down... but that doesn't prove that N added now does anything for the turf now...

In fact, my August applications are still sitting on the ground to a large extent,,, and I would be considered a 'ripoff' by charging clients for another .75 lbs of N...
You think that the seriousness of this drought situation doesn't apply to you...

You would do well to read this entire article so that you can make sense of what you are seeing as a result of your barren land applications...

http://turfdisease.osu.edu/turf-dise...-fertilization

Page generated in 0.03096 seconds with 7 queries