View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

When a 25 acre Fire Ant job came my way, I already had the Lesco Truckster on the Walker Mower with a boom sprayer. I call it the "Ric-A-Green". But the Ric-A-Green was too small for competitive work on 25 acres. This justified me building Ric's-Ride which is a 150 Gallon Boomless sprayer. I already had Ric's Ride but it was in unusable shape. Now I use Ric's-Ride on Medium to Large accounts where I used to drag hose.

So re-thinking the OP question. As a Start up in this economy, yes it might be better than nothing. And it might be a chance to grow big. Lawn King, Creech and myself were looking from an established Business point of view. We already have a busy schedule. If we add work it had better pay good.

BTW The 25 acre job is my one biggie, the other 99% are homes or small business. No one likes losing an account, But I won't miss a meal if I lose any one account.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03443 seconds with 7 queries