View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeep_1999 View Post
I hate how Bermuda looks (fine blades) and it won't grow in shade. I had considered Zoysia... In particular El Toro b/c it spreads quickly relative to other Zoysias, disease resistant, grows in shade, will grow in my area, drought tolerant, course blades, can be cut with rotor mower, etc, etc... However, I'm having a hard time locating someone local who carries El Toro sod, it's not available in seed so any "touch up" will have to be done with Sod, and most importantly the Bermuda "weeds" will infiltrate and take over the Zoysia.

A few guys down the street have centipede growing "wild" in their yards and it is actually crowding out the bermuda. I think that is one of the main reasons I was considering it or the St Augastine's in the first place...

Sounds like I might be better off just letting the weeds and wild grasses just doing their thing and call it a day...
I have one property with palmetto. It's a front yard that has 3 big oaks competing with it. The grass is green, looks nice, but is a little thin. Some areas get full sun for a good 5-6 hours a day while other areas get filtered sun for a little less. The grass does look good, but will never be thick. I don't know how much shade your talking about and if there is any competition.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03287 seconds with 7 queries