View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Anyone can cut at that speed, but getting the QPC that is required to make a consistant living is another thing. Some simple math when you know the circumference of your drive tires, the length of your blade, and the RPM's you're actually running will show that you simply don't get enough blade strikes per inch of forwards travel at those speeds to get a smooth, cleab cut like that required for nice lawns.

I will also add that even with a suspension system to smooth out your ride, the cut suffers from the deck bouncing around more than it needs to, or would at a more reasonable speed. It sure doesn't do anything good for the longevity of the machine IMO.

One other thing, you may be able to double cut at those speeds and still end up getting done faster, but why use the extra fuel?
When I make the adjoining pass at full speed and see not one blade of grass left standing to the eyes sight, that is all I can ask of any mower. I agree, on perfectly manicured grass you would slow down, but then again on postage stamp size areas where you find manicured grass you would not take a mower of this size off the trailer.

Page generated in 0.04862 seconds with 7 queries