View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
When I make the adjoining pass at full speed and see not one blade of grass left standing to the eyes sight, that is all I can ask of any mower. I agree, on perfectly manicured grass you would slow down, but then again on postage stamp size areas where you find manicured grass you would not take a mower of this size off the trailer.
puppy,

up here there are quite a few extremely well manicured and irrigated lawns that range in size from 1-3 acres. They would be just the type of place for an SZ, but you wouldn't be able to benefit from its speed on any of them and still leave a perfect cut behind like most of these people would expect from an LCO. Now where you live, I doubt that you are fertilizing all of it and it is probably mainly field type grass I am guessing?If so, the fast top speeds may work out very well on that type of turf, but after doing the math, it just doesn't seem like it would be the cleanest looking cut on even that type of turf.

I may be way wrong, but after running the numbers, I just can't see how that few of strikes per inch of forwards travel can leave a clean cut.

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 7 queries