Thread: Ego-Scaper
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemelo216 View Post
Not true. I dont know what your company back ground/service mix is but wer are about 70% commercial installation work, meaning we work for a general contractor, but on those jobs you dont usually collect your money until 4-6 months after completing the job. I can tell you right now we are jsut getting checks in for jobs we did in the beginning of the year, and the jobs we are doing now we will see over winter. Plus in all of the commercial stuff, we have retention that is held, sometimes for 1 year even up to 2 years. So you cant just cut a check for 40k at the drop of the hat to get equipment when you have payroll, vendors, etc that all want a piece of the pie when you get a check in.
Ok, but if you continuously do commercial work you should have a routine where money is continuously streaming in, even if its a 90 to 120 day wait.

To me waiting that long to get paid, and to be a small amount of money - someone may wanna revisit their business model. With residential we get paid a percentage upfront, paid during, and pull away at completion with check in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.04916 seconds with 7 queries