View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
I'm not sure your article is relevant to this discussion. No one here is talking about spring applications. We're all talking about fall applications. You said in your first post that fall applications should be timed such the N is used and depleted before winter. The article you linked suggests that fall applications should be made late enough that the N is NOT depleted before winter and carries over until spring, so that the nutrients are present without needing a spring application.

You just linked to an article that said what I already said and what most of the posters here are already doing.
If we used your 'take' on the meaning of the article, then :

What is the difference between,,, Fall/Winter application still on the soil,,, in it's prilled form, ready for release at the first warm rain,,, what is the difference between that and dumping early Spring NPK onto the turf as soon as the snow melts ready to release at the first warm rain...?

Again,,,
If that is the meaning of the article then there was no point for the researchers to even differentiate between Fall and Winter ...

It is necessary to read and think about what the author is presenting... it is necessary to study and analyse the points and counterpoints brought up in the articles we read to see whether it is clearly understood...

It is a mistake to look at this article as a support for the status quo...

That is why I stated earlier that this could be a great discussion if thoughtfully engaged... Will misunderstandings, mis-interpretations and hyperbole prevail???

Page generated in 0.03848 seconds with 7 queries