View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
Yeah I want to take the GHP exam next. I have more experience in GHP than L&O from the Military. No desire to do Termite or Fumigation, but might do those too. Just taking it one step at a time.
Doug

Crestview is a rural area and you might want to look into offering Fire Ant Control as a second Business model to maximize your Licenses. Look into baiting large areas like Pastures Etc. In order to sell my Fire Ant Program I throw inside PC in for free. But only if they have a problem inside. If I do a good job on the Outside I eliminate 99% of my inside Insect pressure. At a Chemical cost of $ 7.00 an acre to kill Fire Ants, I am in fat city and wish I had more of that type of work. In Fact it has only been in the last year or so I have been pushing that way. If I could find someone who wants to buy in or Buy out my L&O and let me just do Basic Inside Pest Control. That person I would Train and let work under my license as a legal partner until they could be certified. But I would insist on a buy in up front.

About a month ago 3 old timers got together for a beer and BS. We decided L&O was the easiest Route to build because People saw your Work. GHP was by far the most profitable. But GHP was a much harder Route to build. Other problems are scheduling etc. However the cream of the Crop were single family units because they paid the most and required the Least amount of Call backs. Restaurants are PITA with after Hours only Treatments plus German Cockroaches and Rats. Apts Want it done for $ 2.00 a unit. Termites we had 2 to 1 split. 2 of us didn't want Termite because of all the hassles associated with Termites. Gary was big on up selling Termite prevention while Dave and I didn't want any part of the Extra Inspection and Insurance costs. Plus we all 3 had Termite licenses at one time.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03283 seconds with 7 queries