View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 9,352
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
only problem with any truck over f-350 or 3500 is that it will require a CDL license since it will be over 10,000 gvwr at least that's how it will is in ohio. meaning a higher insurance rate, title, taxes, plates

if you're pulling that large of a trailer i wouldn't buy a gasser
Oh boy, here we go again.

Link please.

Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Are you pretty sure of this???? Im not questioning you because I think your wrong but Im in ohio and was looking at one of the npr trucks but is a 4500. I would need cdl for this truck in Ohio??
I'm questioning him, because he is wrong.

Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
In TX as long as your under 26k reg weight it doesn't matter what the vehicle is as long as there is no air brakes on it.
Air brakes make no difference under 26K.

Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
I think if you are over 10,000 and pull a trailer you do but a box truck it is 26K. Kind of confusing but driving what we call a city truck is no big deal in Texas.
I think you're wrong. Unless you're over 26K. With the truck and trailer.

Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Any GCWR of over 26k with the trailer being more than 10k pounds. Or a drive unit over 26k pounds requires a CDL, this is federal and not state to state. Not sure about air brakes though? I have my endorsement but I'm not sure about trucks under 26k needing the endorsement.
There is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

Haven't we been through this before? Ad nauseum?

Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
would you like to see my license?
I would, because I can guarantee you don't have an air brake endorsement.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04523 seconds with 8 queries