View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Regular Watering For Seed in the Fall

I have had a number of different seeding situations this season,,, some of them were less than textbook perfect as far as how they were irrigated...
Nevertheless, I've gotten germination at a proper density with a handheld hose averaging once every other day or two...

This was a narrow strip that no sprinkler can possibly fit,,, so while I'm in the neighborhood I pick up the hose and spray down the oddly shaped spot by hand... for a normal, full service client, of course... after a couple of weeks of this routine I noticed yesterday that the seed had popped, and the last water it had gotten was, 2-3 days earlier...

(This is a shaded area, with medium light soil and was sprinkled over with compost at seeding time...)

My question to everyone out there is:
What pleasant surprises/accomplishments have you observed in seeding,,, that was NOT done by following the standard advice of: "watering 2-3 times per/day and be careful to not let the soil dry out in between times"???

I think it would be helpful for everyone else to hear, from others, that seeding can be done successfully outside of ideal conditions...

Page generated in 0.03375 seconds with 7 queries