View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave Echo for something new?

So I'm finally going to buy a new blower. Been on the fence for about a year or longer it seems like. I have an Echo which is about 11 years old. Has been great to me. I did put a new carb in it about a year or so ago. I just need something with more power for leaf jobs in addition to my push blower.

I thought I was 100% set on the Echo 770. Found an amazing price on it and was getting ready to order in the next week or 2. Came across a thread on here about carb adjustment issues on Echo blowers that were a year or less old. How it was a PITA because of the new EPA laws and the little removable plugs and special tools needed unless you were willing to use a sheet metal screw to get the plug out etc.

Well I ended up coming across the Husqvarna line of blowers. When I think of Husqvarna I think of maybe chainsaws or lawn tractors you see at Lowes/HD. I don't think of backpack blowers you would invest in for your business. After reading online and I think a thread or 2 on here, the users who are using them have raved about them. The specs between the one Im looking at the 580BTS and the Echo 770 are pretty different. Bigger fuel tank, more cc's and more cfm in the pipe all on the Husqvarna. Its about $60 more then the Echo but it seems you're getting a little more. The one thing it lacks is the cooling fan on your back but I think I can live without that.

Now the rep I spoke to said the Redmax and the Husqvarna come off the same exact assembly line an factory so they are pretty much the same blower overall with some difference obviously. I have also read that the Redmax 8500 is a very nice reliable blower too. He said the 8500 Redmax and the 580 Husqvarna are virtually the same. Is that true? I don't know.

I want to get some opinions from people on here and people who are familiar with what I'm talking about.

I also would like to see what your opinions are regarding the 2 I am considering. The Echo 770 or the Husqvarna 580BTS. I have been an Echo user for around 11 years and have not been let down. In fact, I bout a new trimmer last year, Echo SRM 266T and have been happy with it.

Getting ready to spend around $500, I want to make sure Im making a good choice. I want to stay 2 stroke and not move to 4. That's why Stihl has not been mentioned. Just personal preference that's all.

Can you guys help me out?

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 7 queries