View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
I'm not trying to start a war here or any thing, but last spring my uncle bought a br600 magnum to help maintain his 3 acre lot and 2 acre store lot with a huge parking lot. He got about a year out of it before it ate a valve randomly, I know he used it a lot, but he is a bit OCD about the way his equipment is maintained. The blower was just out of warranty to, so he was super pissed and basically sold all his Stihl stuff and replaced it with shindaiwa. I hear Stihl has gotten better with stuff like that, but it scared me away from buying one.
That really is the exact opposite of even my own experience. My first BR600 was over a year out of warranty. My dealer inspected it and determined that the valve guides were dropping and replaced the entire engine and carb. No charge.

I suspect that your uncle's experience was due to the dealer and not Stihl. Stihl has been very, very liberal with warranty work and not just with the BR600s. How many other brands of outdoor power equipment offer a lifetime warranty on the driveshaft and clutch?

Page generated in 0.03899 seconds with 7 queries