View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
An example was the quart of Conserve SC I purchased the other day. Lesco priced it at $ 160.00 My supplier deliveried to my Shop for $ 121.57. That is a 25% price decrease.
I don't know how much things have changed in JDL the last couple years. I worked for them for 5 years, first as an assistant manager when it was Lesco, then as a branch manager for a couple years after JDL acquired them. When I was there we would drop our pants for a good customer, yes we had to make a profit at the end of the day. But if a customer told us that he was buying something for 25% less than us, we would drop the price to meet it. A situation like Ric's above, we would have rathered sold it cheap to barely make a profit, if that meant that we would gain the loyalty of the customer, and we could make money on other sales to them. But a lot of that comes down to what the area managers and regional vp's allow the store managers to do. I have chosen not to do business with them since I started my business, but I have run in to a couple of the branches over the bast couple years and talking to the guys I have seen things have definitely changed.

Page generated in 0.03569 seconds with 7 queries