View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

The one good thing I will say about Lesco is. They have had some very good Blends of Fertilizer. However now most ever supplier has- copied the better blends. 33-0-17 was a Lesco exclusive for years.

33-0-17 come in 50 lb bags and is very soluble. Drop in two bag of 33-0-17 and a 2.5 gallon Jug of 12-0-0 Iron and you have the basic tank mix. BTW at very affordable prices. This isn't my current mix, but I have used it. How you calibrate is an other cost factor. I go a acre only putting down 3/4 lb N per thousand.

I am old school so I believe in a lot of carrier. The TG/CL types are only applying 2 to 3 gallon at most so there Tank can do more yards. By putting down 5 gallon a thousand you have less chance of Fertilizer Burn or stripping etc. Plus IMHO the fertilizer is better up taken by the turf.

5 gallons per thousand square feet? Seems a bit wasteful to me. Studies have shown that anything above 80 gal/A (~2 gal/M) isn't giving you any extra benefit and all that extra water takes a lot of fuel to haul around.

Page generated in 0.04310 seconds with 7 queries