View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipster View Post
5 gallons per thousand square feet? Seems a bit wasteful to me. Studies have shown that anything above 80 gal/A (~2 gal/M) isn't giving you any extra benefit and all that extra water takes a lot of fuel to haul around.
We can agree to disagree but Old School pesticide applicator would tell you 5 gallon a thousand isn't enough. If I did 80 gallon an acre at my fertilizer mix rate I would have Brown Lawns. Remember Fertilizer is a salt and the more PPM of salt in water the more chance of burn. With 5 gallon a Thousand calibration I can Go light on one spot and Heavy on an other with out stripping. BTW Most of my Yards are way under 5 K so tanking large volume is really no problem.

In Edit: You are in Cool Season Turf and I am in Warm season Turf. What works for me 2,000 miles south of you should not be a concern to you as what do you won't work for me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03685 seconds with 7 queries