View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

taken from 32vld

CEO's of hospitals make high 6 figure salaries. They are not about to risk their job to hire a 14 yo kid. They are not even going to give a 14 yo kid a meeting to hear his presentation on how his landscape business is the best one to serve their hospital.

You do not have a steady experienced crew large enough to service a hospital. You do not have the enough equipment to service a hospital in a timely manner.

At 14 you do not have the knowledge to maintain the Landscape of a hospital. Where I live the good commercial accounts have lawns better then you will find on sod farms. Shrubs that never look like they need to be trimmed. Spring flowers planted in extensive beds all around the property then replaced with summer flowers, then replaced with fall flowers. So many flowers they have 5-6 men crews to plant them.

At 14 do you know what flowers to recommend for each season if they ask you?

Landscaping any large commercial accounts that expects high quality results is not going to trust and take a chance on a 24 yo solo equipped they way you are, let alone a 14 yo.

I salute your work ethic. Best to grow with residentials and some small commercials if you eventually want to go with the later.

Graduate with a AAS degree in Horticulture, Landscape Design, etc.
Build up your equipment list and accounts then you will be equipped to go follow your goals. Luck.

i dont think anyone could have said it better. very true. year round work, trying to run it with two guys starting? one being a minor, if it was that easy i think the hospital would have its own team and not subbing out.
echo pb 250
echo srm 210
echo hc 155
(2)giant vac blowers
roto tiller
tons of hand tools
99 chevy s10
2001 dodge ram
4x8 trailer

"a drunken mans words, are a sober mans thoughts.."

"Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home... it's your responsibility to love it, or change it." -Chuck Palahniuk

Page generated in 0.04705 seconds with 7 queries