View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I Am a Germinating Seed

As a recently planted grass seed in reasonably pleasant well drained soil with adequate water retention properties, this is what happened to me...

I had been irrigated daily for 2 weeks and even though many of my fellows had already germinated and were inches tall,,, I was still not yet ready to pop,,, but then the day came... I could feel it!!! germination was gonna happen with in hours, maybe a day, but it was going to happen for sure...
Then I noticed that the ground was starting to dry out all ready... in fact with the wind and the sun by noon tomorrow, I'll be sitting in a dust bowl...

Sure enough the dustbowl came and of course my radicle emerged at 10:45 am, to find no food and no wate,,,r so I packed up and died...

So the question is:
Does the seed go ahead and germinate when conditions of dryness occur or does the seed require a certain amount of moisture to even complete the process of germination???

Page generated in 0.03366 seconds with 7 queries