View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Believe it or not Crab Grass lives more than a year in South Florida. Unless we get a hard freeze most of the Crab Grass survives. Water Front high dollar property has least chance of freezing. Also remember Crab Grass looks like St Augustine to the untrained eye.

The shrubs looked like a hot mix CONTACT pesticide was sprayed on the front of the plants. (ex: Dormant Oil) Which Pesticide it was I am not sure. Of Course the South side was burnt the most from Florida's sun. There was a defiant line of defoliation on the front of each plant, while the leaves on the back half were healthy. BTW These were fairly mature Shrubs which should stand more than a young plant. My take is the Guy just walked around the house waving his spray guy at the foundation of the house getting the shrubs.

OK I know you worked for TG ""Back When"" I respect your knowledge having read many if not all your post about Pesticides. But we are talking TODAY"S TG/CL. Here in my area they pay $8.25 an hour and a 5% bonus for production quota. I could go on but we have both seen the long list of complaints.

I just got a call from this TG/CL Customer. The TG/CL guy just left her house saying it was Too much rain that caused her plants to Die in Front and still be green on the backside. I wished I had been there to tear him a new One.

She also told me she Googled TG/CL and found all kinds of bad press on line. She claims she never would of hired them if she read the Internet first.

The Customer has shrub replacement Quotes but is still not sure if the Hassle of going after TG/CL in court is worth the effort. I did tell her I never go after my dead beats in court because the Time & Cost wasn't worth it. However get me mad enough and I will spend more than it is worth just to make my point. I also told her companies like True Brown depend on people not suiting. As much as I would love to see her sue True Brown, It is less stressful to walk away. It will alway stick in her mind that TG/CL screwed up her yard.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 7 queries