View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudosun View Post
I get this from everyone. I went to a funeral of a distant relative, and my mother wanted me to lie about what i did for a living because one side of the family would not be impressed. Ofcourse i didn't lie, and it pissed my mom off. O well. I get smirks at stores and everywhere. My ex neighbor asked (in a confused high pitched voice) "what do you do for winter?" In the middle of telling him, he was shaking his head like i was lying to him. When i found my first house, he asked "how in the world can you afford a house? Did you get some sort of settlement?" I told him it was 3.5% down and i qualified for it. A looong time ago, my roommate who was in the business saved up cash for a new truck. He knew what he wanted, and went to the lot. He was in work clothes., and had the cash rolled up in a rubber band. They totally ignored him, which is weird for these particular salesman. Anyway, out of disgust, he went up to them and flashed the cash, and they went berserk. They were after him like puppies. My roommate ended up going to another lot.
I had the same thing happen to me last year. I went to trade my canyon in for a fullsize. The canyon was only four years old but I needed something bigger. Well, I went to the same dealer figuring it was a good place to start. I walked around the lot for a good 45 minutes and finally found a auto tech and asked if he could find someone to help me. Granted I was twenty years old with a babyface, but I had about ten grand to put down, and made more than enough to pay off the rest. They sent out some kid that knew less about the trucks, since I had done all my research on towing and axle ratios and whatnot. I left and bought a 30,000 truck about two hours later. the next day a senior sales person from the first dealer called and tried selling me a truck. I told him I already bought one and paid 21,000 for a 30,000 truck. I literally laughed when I heard his voice say wow.
Stihl FX100RX
Stihl Br600 Magnum
Stihl Bg55
Echo Pb251
Echo hedge trimmer
2011 Chevy Silverado ext cab 4.3

6x10 trailer
5x8 trailer

Page generated in 0.03346 seconds with 7 queries