View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
smallaxe has also made many statements that are less than accurate and that he can't back up. Just take a look at the number of other members who have taken him to task on his posts and he never answers them.

So, I ask, please inform us specifically how drainage issues result in red thread. And how turf in any type soil can have red thread? Because I love to learn, and if there's a new to me method of controlling red thread, I would love to hear it. I just haven't. Nor have any of the universities that I have checked.

And if you don't think that my post implies I don't have an understanding of the environment, then you can enlighten me as well. Because, there are many varieties of turf that are resistant to red thread, and some that are extremely susceptible to it.

So smallaxe, will you share your special knowledge?
I generally do a google search for specifics about some things to see what others are saying,,, and the second site I came across mentioned drainage as one of the things to investigate... I don't really care that you don't see the connection between,,, ground that doesn't dry out very well, and how it is more susceptible to fungal diseases...
Drainage is a problem for lots of issues, including root development... do some research of your own, because pretty soon you're not going to have seed resistant to something and you'll have to actually deal with soil texture and structure,,, oh my... let's attack the guy who talks about soil texture and structure...

Page generated in 0.03660 seconds with 7 queries