View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandlawn View Post
I see all of the semi- big and big companies around me getting and lots of accounts, this is my first full year in the business , I am struggling to get above 20 accounts. What is the best way to let people know I am out there in terms of advertisement. I use a low cost method of handing out flyers right now.
Economic times are tough right now, and it's harder than ever to compete with the well known companies. I hate to say it, but in today's market, your advertising budget needs to be larger than your equipment budget. If you spend 30K on equipment, and 1K on advertising, you're fighting an uphill battle.
You have to first build a "presence" for your business, get the name out there, and put it in front of as many people as possible, and as often as possible. After a while, osmosis will take effect and your business name will be more "recognized". After that, make sure that whatever clients you start off with are 199% happy with not only your work, but your professionalism, dependability, and attention to detail. Word of mouth will spread, and as you gain credibility, you will grow. Just don't be one of the companies that gets a contract, and does an awesome job for the first month and becomes "complacent". Many fall to this, and try to cut time to make more money..........they usually lose the contract. Around here, the "lowballers" are dropping like flys, and the quality providers are growing. Hang in there, and don't try to be the cheapest, try to be the best. It will pay off in the long run. Best of luck to you!

Page generated in 0.03815 seconds with 7 queries